Bacon, Peas and Pasta is the ultimate meal in a hurry. Its a great meal for when school friends come over for play dates. The best part is that everything gets eaten and my kids always ask for seconds.
Not so much a recipe as throwing a bunch of ingredients onto a plate. Apart from my resident VH (vegetable hater) I don’t know many kids who don’t like all three of these ingredients. Bacon, Peas and Pasta is a quick and easy meal, requires no technical skill and is guaranteed to be eaten. Substitute the bacon for chicken or tuna, the peas for broccoli or courgettes or vary the type of pasta. Easy-peasy!
- Pasta of your choice
- 6 strips of pancetta or bacon
- frozen peas
- Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Boil the peas until cooked through.
- Grill the pancetta or bacon (I prefer grilling as it removes all the fat). Once done, pat between paper towels to remove the rest of the oil.
- Shred the bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the pasta, peas and bacon together and serve immediately.