In a previous post, I described how to freeze batter to cut down on the time it takes to make breakfast pancakes. Well, this step goes one further so that you don’t have to do any cooking at all on a school morning. Pop chilled or frozen pancakes in the microwave or toaster to reheat when you need them.
- Make your pancakes as per the recipe (see our Easy Basic Pancake Recipe or Classic American Pancakes).
- Put the cooked pancakes on cooling racks or plates to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, stack between layers or greaseproof or waxed paper.
- Pop the stack of pancakes into an airtight container.
- Place the airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- When ready to eat, reheat your pancake in the microwave or toaster.
- Pancakes will keep for one day in the fridge and between one to two months in the freezer.