Pizza is one of the easiest and most fun things you can get your kids to make in the kitchen. Our Perfect Puffy Pizza adds a special twist for an extra delicious result!
There’s something about the puff pastry in this “pizza” that transforms otherwise bog-standard components into a real crowd-pleaser. I always tend to have a packet of ready-rolled puff pastry in the fridge. Any tomato-based sauce will do as a base – I used a shop-bought tomato and basil pasta sauce on this occasion but red pesto or even tomato puree works equally well. Change the toppings to suit your children’s tastebuds.
- 1 packet (approximately 375g) ready-rolled puff pastry
- Ready-made pasta sauce, red pesto, tomato puree
- Grated cheese, ham, other toppings to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C/430F/Gas 6
- Roll out your puff pastry onto a baking sheet. Score around the edges about a centimetre in from the edge without cutting through the pastry.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce/pesto over the inner rectangle. Scatter with cheese and the toppings of your choice.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and the pastry at the edge has risen, (this takes approximately 15 minutes).