Tangy and tender, these Slow Cooker Pork Chops are now one of the kids’ favourite meals. So easy to make, just pop everything in the slow cooker and let time do the rest!
After a hectic weekend, involving very little in the way of sleep, I needed to come up with a really simple meal that would make life tonnes easier. What could be simpler then than bunging everything in a slow cooker and leaving dinner to cook itself I thought. So here’s an easy kid-friendly meal that everyone loved. The sauces, together with the ginger and garlic give these pork chops a lovely sweet and smoky taste. And like any meat done in a slow cooker, the pork was really tender and delicious. I served these with mashed potato and individual yorkshire puddings but they would also work well with rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 4 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 50 - 100ml stock of your choice (I used chicken)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Brown the pork chops in a frying pan for a couple of minutes each side (optional)
- Put the pork chops in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and then pour over the pork chops
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 hours
- Skim off any fat from the surface of the liquid, place the pork chops on plates and spoon over the sauce.